Re: [OM] Oly DoF Tricks

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly DoF Tricks
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 15:10:47 -0800
On 12/28/2015 7:49 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Pretty cool stuff.  I'll have to try it on the E-M1.

Well, ah, er, "At this time, only the 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro and 40-150mm f/2.8 Pro are compatible with Focus Stacking mode."

I have one of those lenses, but not that camera. I'm guessing you don't have
any of those lenses?

In the best discussion and examples I've seen, KAZUO UNNO says "The Stylus TG-3 and TG-4 Tough cameras come equipped with a Focus Stacking Mode which automatically composites shots taken at different focal positions. This feature made these cameras indispensable tools for me ..." <http://cameras.olympus.com/stack/en/>

He then goes on to tell , with wonderful examples, how the E-M1 Focus Bracketing and Stacking work wonders - with the 60/2.8 macro lens, 40-150/2.8 PRO and teleconverter.

You can use Focus Bracketing, but those shots must be combined later in
software, just like manual focus stacking.

Limited Possibilities Moose