Re: [OM] British Television Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] British Television Photography
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 18:44:28 -0000
My first thought too, Chuck. But having thought some more, a single camera,
single viewpoint implies a small studio stage. Multiple cameras would be of
no use in such a setting - but would be a necessity in a larger set (as I
recall, TV cameras of early 1960s were hulking monsters not noted for "go
anywhere" characteristics). So perhaps what Chris recalls were simply big
sets, perhaps even outside, rather than studio sets which were little more
than a couple of flats to provide a background!

Piers