Re: [OM] So you guys think you are old school when you use film?

Subject: Re: [OM] So you guys think you are old school when you use film?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 14:35:15 -0800
On 2/5/2016 6:19 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I do a fair amount of fiddling in my electronic darkroom but adding moonlight and clearing storm clouds and snow on the mountains is still beyond me. I was also surprised at how much the trees have grown there since 1942(?). From the same spot that Ansel used to take that shot you can't see as much of the river anymore.

Yeah, what are all those natural places doing changing? The nerve! :-)

Yosemite has similar problems. Many trees are growing up into the view from the Valley View overlook made so famous by St. Ansel, Clearing Winter Storm, Half Dome, for example. I suppose one could climb up and around on top of the tunnel now.

And Mirror Lake has become Somewhat Reflective Swamp, as the only alternative to letting nature take Her course would be dredging.

They even let the Jeffery Pine on Sentinel Dome die and didn't replace it with
a simulacrum.

Grumble, Grumble Moose