Re: [OM] Scottish weather

Subject: Re: [OM] Scottish weather
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 15:45:52 -0800
On 2/7/2016 12:33 PM, ChrisB wrote:
Rankin, James and Mankell: there’s a fair difference between the levels of writing.  I think
that I’d rank Rankin the best writer, but I have enjoyed each of the others’ work.

I've just finished the 9th. of Stuart MacBride's Logan McRae series, and am concerned that there's only one more until he writes more. Gritty Aberdeen, grisly crimes, wonderful writing. On the edge of my seat one minute, laughing my arse off the next. A cast of seriously flawed characters beautifully drawn. A couple maybe a bit over the top, but absolutely true to character at all times. I was wondering if I should go back and try one of the first couple again, to see if the detail of the writing has been this good all along.

As to P.D. James, terrific writer in many ways, but there was one I just
couldn't get through, The Black Tower?

I've gathered some Rankins, but not started as yet. I watched a series on TV,
and need to get those out of my head.

I enjoy Reginald Hill's Dalziel & Pascoe series a lot, too. I've been rationing
them so they will last.

Word Crimes Moose