Re: [OM] Pictures!

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:04:23 -0800
G.A.S. Moose AKA Wise Purchaser Moose

[Sound of Moose falling down laughing, as he awaits the Big Brown Truck ...]

Enjoyed that collection.

Thanks!

I see you got your GX-7 out for some action.  I purchase  the tiny Panny 35-100
 a week or two after being released after looking at samples/ MTF as it is
perfect with GM series, a phenomenal horse lens and wanted it for a trip.
Amazing performance for the size.

Gotta say I agree.

I don't think I used it on extension much, but I will now after your nice
examples.

I worked out a little hand dance, where the right hand detached the lens, while the left grabbed the tube, the two came together, twisted, then twisted onto the body. Smooth, quick and easy. My only concern was pulling a tube out of a non lint free pocket. I need to think about how to do that part better, without making it less smooth and easy.

I especially liked the  flower that resembles Lily of the Valley, but am not
sure really what it is.

I'll try to remember to see if it is labeled or a gardener knows.

Nice bokeh too with perfect dof.

Yes, the bokeh is naturally nice on this one. I did make the background less 'obvious' with Brightness -15, Contrast -30. F9 was good for this shallower subject than the Douglas Iris. A touch of FM after downsampling, to retain the detail.

  I recall the corners get a smidge soft at the long end wide open
with some CA under the same conditions but cleans up nicely with DXO--then port
tiff to PS.

I just looked at the images from that day. 74 shots, 35 @ the 100 mm maximum FL, with the rest scattered all over the range. Of those 35, I'd be hard pressed to pick more than one or two where edge resolution mattered at all, let alone the small loss the tests show.

Irresolution Moose