Re: [OM] What a shock re PTLens, was: I must admit

Subject: Re: [OM] What a shock re PTLens, was: I must admit
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:10:27 +0100
The demand for IBIS in Fuji cameras is there (check the forums ;-), since
many primes lack OIS. Even their flagship 24~80mm (eq) 2.8 has no OIS,
which is a weird thing in the market today. My guess is they work hard on
IBIS but it is not ready yet (delayed).

So the logical corporate reflex is to deny the need for IBIS, dressed up as
concern for image quality ;-)

> As I just replied to Jim, the post exposure correction is not all bad at
> all.

​I certainly agree, I like the m43 compromise. ​

> As to the IBIS statement, that's pure BS. Did they really say that?

​<
http://fujilove.com/our-highest-priority-is-always-image-quality-interview-with-takashi-ueno-and-shusuke-kozaki-from-fujifilm-japan/

> The new thing is cooperation between the two systems, to be featured with
> later OM-Ds and the coming 300/4. I think Panny is going that way too, with
> the GX8?

​Apparently ​there is another 1-2 stops gain there, so it looks promising.
Maybe Olympus will start to add OIS in more lenses to extend their
advantage in the market.