Re: [OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill

Subject: Re: [OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:36:49 -0500
Whoops - Picker's book is "The Zone VI *Workshop*"*,  IMO, the best guide
to AA's zone system,
and the 'magic juice' is HC110 - using his recommendation. Changed my way
of seeing B&W.

*You can usually find it used on Amazon.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your mention of Rosewood classics gave me a twinge of deja vu... fond
> memories of a summer in the early 80's and
> toting a lovely Zone VI 4X5 into the Cascades. Gave so much pleasure that
> my Hassy 500 sat almost unused for the
> entire season. (OM content) My 'sidearm' was a much loved Pen FT. (With
> Tri-X@ ASA100 in Kodak's magic soup.)
>
> FWIW - IMO Fred Picker's Zone VI Handbook should be a 'must read' for
> anyone liking that combo.
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> > I should have added that, if I had such a beast, I would only use it
>> for B&W
>> > landscape.  Does that alter the need for the Z?
>>
>> This is like comparing a 550 HP car against a 750 HP car. Regardless
>> of which you drive, they're going to be a wee bit faster than your
>> Town and Country Minivan.
>>
>> Personally? I like the older Mamiya lenses for B&W, but the newer ones
>> for Color. There are two reasons for that. The coatings aren't as good
>> which lowers contrast a bit. And the lens designs were outsourced to a
>> third-party rumored to be ______.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> AG Schnozz
>> --

As much as I hate to "crow", I'm delighted to tell you that my 5-star
reviewed hardcover book for kids, ages 4-to-8,
*The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW
<http://www.amazon.com/Little-Crow-Who-Could-Not-ebook/dp/B01B2028SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455042958&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+beckrich>,*
is
finally available as an interactive Kindle e-book from Amazon.com.

    (P.S. - The Kindle reader is a free app from Amazon that works on PC,
laptops, and most hand-held devices.)