Re: [OM] OT: Weather Extremes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Extremes
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 11:38:18 -0500
2016 El Nino. This one was particularly strong.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/winter-forecast/60483

On 2/12/2016 11:35 PM, Moose wrote:
On 2/12/2016 4:32 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
This is quite odd. Down here in Phoenix we've been setting new record highs, and we'll continue to do so until late next week. In the meantime, the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and New England will be setting new record lows.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything to exacerbate the suffering of those trapped under the blanket of cold and snow ... (We just received a pic of Carol's sister snowshoeing in Mass.)

Mike's Omega Ridge is certainly having an effect here. We drove up through West Marin yesterday to have dinner with a friend and go to a singing thing in Sebastopol. The rain has done its magic.

Hills and fields of various vibrant greens, except for those full of the yellow of mustard. The late afternoon light made everything glow. New calves and lambs - really new, as in a field already with many tiny bovines, Carol spotted a cow with afterbirth still hanging out busily licking something on the ground. The Japanese Plums are all in bloom, the magnolias just starting to burst out, daffodils narcissus, and so on.

I didn't start taking photos, as we had an appointment, and I knew I'd have a really tough time stopping. It'll be there for a while. All I managed was a group of really pretty horses for Marnie. :-) <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=19547>

And <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=19549>

Springing Moose