Re: [OM] Mamiya Sekor 500 DTL

Subject: Re: [OM] Mamiya Sekor 500 DTL
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 15:20:11 -0800
On 2/13/2016 12:43 PM, Richard Lovison wrote:

 I'm very handy at fixing things but the 500DTL I think I'll leave to a
professional. The prism definitely needs cleaning

I discovered on an OM-1 that re-silvering (illumining) isn't strictly necessary. A through cleaning yielded surfaces largely unslivered, but with parts still feathering into fully silvered. When reinstalled in the dark under the top plate, the VF worked fine. It took some looking to see where the transitions were. In actual use, ti didn't matter.

Reflective Moose