Re: [OM] See? I am NOT a loser!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] See? I am NOT a loser!!!!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:13:55 +1100
I have a friend who was spending forever to get his PhD - he’s German and kept
fiddling with the thesis every time something relevant happened anywhere. So I
bought one just to tease him. From the University of Dublin. Dublin California
that is. Just down the road from Oakland. I looked it up on Google Streetview
once. It appears to be a storefront, between a Presbyterian Church and a branch
of Hooters. Perfect - trapped between the Divine and the Secular.
Of course, they asked me what I’d like it awarded in. And as it was an obvious
fake (they provided a spurious academic record for one thing) I had it awarded
in Ethics. I don’t demand the honorific of Doctor very often, only when I want
to annoy or bother someone who is preening about the letters after their name,
- especially physicians who don’t have a doctorate. And it’s handy for getting
cheap car insurance in the UK (retired doctor? Lowest rate!) A friend claims
that he’s a minister of some southern swamp religion - same routine. He hasn’t
threatened to do marriages recently but he used it as a joke when he shot
weddings.
When I did my Masters I worked so hard and did so much that I decided I was
entitled - I’d done more than some science Phuds I’ve met.

Dr Andrew Fildes, BA hons, Dip. Ed., M.Env.Sci., PhD (Kinda)
You may genuflect extravagantly.
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.soultheft.com