Re: [OM] See? I am NOT a loser!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] See? I am NOT a loser!!!!
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:04:33 -0600
Schnozz, practice this: "Yes dear, whatever you say, dear."

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Norton
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 4:16 PM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion

Monsignor Moose wrote:
I did that. The ULC is still around, apparently in a couple of versions, and
there are many more choices these days.

Of course, there are many LEGITIMATE choices too.

I'm married to the "Vicar of Dibley". Well, not the one played by Dawn
French, but is effectively one in real life. She also has a BA in
Music of some sort (Sacred Music, I think), and had worked as a
professional musician within the church world for many years. Right
away, she was encouraged to go ahead and get her "credentials" and it
took several years go accomplish everything required to get it done.

In our denomination, to get credentialed is a serious thing and
requires specialized training, interviews, background checks, time,
actions and of course, money. Why money? Because it really is a
filter. When it takes no less than $600 a year to get your renewal,
and have to have done x-amount of preaching, etc., in order to be
renewed, it strains out the floaters on top of the stock pot. Are
there still the occasional bad apples? Of course there are. But there
is a system of accountability in place to identify and take care of
them. It USUALLY works.

She's in the process of getting her credentials with a second mainline
denomination. Her primary ordination will always remain with the
original, but the licensing, rights and responsibilities will be with
both. Unfortunately, this means that I have to be a good, dutiful
"pastor's wife" in two different church organizations.

Vicar of Schnozzly