Re: [OM] IMG: Repair of WWII Concrete

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Repair of WWII Concrete
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 20:22:34 +0000
Bill

It’s not a bad design – to simplfy the aim and the pour :-)

Which trainer is that?  Is it the modern Texan?

The propellor episode was very bad.  It turned out, after the fact, that we had
a less-than-ideal propellor on the Grob 115 for over 10 years.  The engineering
company, Babcock, blamed a lightning strike for the first propellor incident,
but I think that a pilot might have notice such an event!  Eventually even
Babcock had to accept that the propellor was a problem and agreed to replace
it.  Now we have a much tauter prop-engine setup which works very well.  I flew
4 hours yesterday (flying air cadets) and 1:30 today (weather prevented the
afternoon sorties) and it is a thoroughly decent setup.

Chris