Re: [OM] IMG: Repair of WWII Concrete

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Repair of WWII Concrete
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:40:47 -0800
On 2/19/2016 12:33 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
My question is, "How do they propell the concrete from the container?" I have never seen one tilted, but have not really watched the pouring process. I have found no explanation online. Perhaps there is a scraper system inside the drum?

I'm gonna guess, 'cause sometimes that's more fun, a blast from the past, than
WikiWhatever.

First, it's no different than the rear unloading designs, where the outlet is
also at the high end.

Then, there are agitator 'fins' inside to keep the cement from setting, the whole reason for the complex, rotating design. The fins are are designed/shaped so that reversing the rotation lifts the contents up to the 'spout'

That's how I would do it, anyway. ;-)

Speculative Designer Moose