Re: [OM] (OT) CC Subscription

From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:38:59 -0800
On 2/24/2016 2:07 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
So do I understand correctly that if I cancel my subscription to
Adobe'sCreative Cloud, I will lose functionality of Lightroom and Photoshop,
evenat the level of the versions I purchased?--Bob WhitmireCertified
Neanderthal--

You can have both the licensed version and the CC version functional
at the same time. There have been weird things going on about that,
but Adobe support has that fix right at the top of their internal
support tree so they can help you out with it very quickly.

CC has been brilliant. I have no problem paying my $9.95 a month for
all that I'm getting. While I've never been much of an Adobe lover
because of the extremely expensive upgrade treadmill, CC has
substantially lowered the cost for an annual subscription fee that is
expensive, but reasonable.

I agree wholeheartedly. If the products were standing still, a $60/yr license fee would be excessive. But so far, they continue to add real functionality each year.

Some of it is rehash of stuff from one product to the other, like panorama stitching from PS to LR and effect painting from the LR front end to ACR into the ACR front end to itself, but there have been continual real improvements to existing functions and useful new functions.

They've even fixed some small, but really irritating annoyances. Every real upgrade used to lose my personal screen set-up. Now one may save various personal set-ups. The Map Mode in LR is pure brilliance. Anyone could come up with the idea, but Adobe chose to implement it, and very well. That has saved me hours already.

Subscribing to Moose