New Panny lens

Subject: New Panny lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:15:54 -0800
You can tell that µ4/3 has reached a certain level of maturity in the bread and
butter area of lenses.

In addition to some actually new stuff, like the Panny 100-400 and Oly 300/4, they are working on filling in the gaps in their lens lines. Looks like each wants to fill in their gaps, so "their" customers won't have to buy from the competition.

Panny had a great 7-14.4 zoom,so Oly had to add a 7-14/2.8
Oly had a 12-40/2.8, so Panny had to add a 12-35/2.8 with O.I.S for their
cameras without IBIS.
Panny had a compact power zoom 14-42, so now Oly has one too. (Plus the really cool auto lens cap, which works on the Panny, too.) Oly had a 25/1.8 prime, which was probably far outselling the more expensive, bigger/heavier Panny f.14, so here came (and went*) a Panny 25.1.7
Oly had a very successful 45/1.8, so now Panny has a slightly larger, heavier
(for the O.I.S.?) 42.5/1.7

Now we have a Panny 12-60/3.5-5.6 to match up with the Oly 12-50/3.5-6.3. Weather sealed, like the Oly longer zoom, IS for Panny bodies, closer focus without special macro mode, but not as much magnification as the Oly.

When is the 7 or 8 mm rectilinear lens going to appear, guys?

Choices? Moose

* Panny delivered a small first batch, then stopped filling orders. No indication when, or if, then will deliver any more. B&H cancelled pre-orders; They and Adorama have removed it from their sites. I wonder what that's all about.