Re: [OM] (OT) CC Subscription

From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:12:37 -0000
.CAT files from LR6 cannot be opened in LR5, nor those from LR5 in LR4.
Maybe not even LR4 files in LR3, I can't remember that far back. But I don't
follow what you mean by "update the metadata in your raws", Leo. The LR
edits are embedded in .XMP sidecar files, associated with the raw (or other
source image) in the LR .CAT, but to the best of my understanding the source
files and the metadata therein are untouched by LR.

I believe that one can always get access to the latest version of ACR
without having to pay Adobe a penny - simply use the latest version DNG
Converter, which is always up with the latest version of ACR. But you are
then in AG's dreaded DNG territory. There be dragons - so I am told.

Piers