Re: [OM] New Panny lens

Subject: Re: [OM] New Panny lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 19:55:08 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AG writes:

<<<Here's hoping for legacy OM with FF.

Simple Pleasures Moose replies:

<<<Doesn't that already exist, with adapters to Canon and Sony mounts? Is there
a smart adapter yet, that will read the camera signal an stop the lens down?
That's all you need.

Canikon/Oly all have relatively recent patents for FF mirrorless, but don't
hold your breath.  I doubt you will see much better than Techartpro AF on Sonny
any time soon.

Curiously they claim 5 axis IS which requires the adapter report subject
distance to the cam--mighty difficult engineering.  The list of
questions/answers on their site implies Sony gave them info on PDAAF
so they did not have to hack it like metabones and wished they had access to
CDAF protocols as well.  I posted two questions on their site asking to confirm
focusing  (subject) distance is reported  (and present in exif)  as required to
stabilize X/Y planes---absolute silence
and virtually every other question that was reasonable was answered.  I emailed
them directly and they said they would check with he engineers and get back to
me--never have---sniff  :-(.    I strongly suspect 3 axis stabilization only
for OM lenses with
all the caveats of stacked adapters.  I would very much like to be wrong.
Still a very interesting product.

Not fully stabile (ized) , Mike