Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:44:59 -0600
The dollar menu is the way to go for us tightwads. I'm with "The
Donald", though. A Filet-o-Fish is a nice treat.

About every Friday, for lunch, we meet up with a friend at the "Elms
Club" here in our town. It's your standard bar, but with an awesome
lunch menu. The hamburgers and the pork tenderloin sandwiches are
among the best ANYWHERE. For the cost of two monthly CC subscriptions,
I get to eat one of the best pork tenderloin sandwiches in the entire
country and split an order of onion petals with my wife, and she gets
a melt-in-your-mouth cheeseburger. It's our one splurge.

What is fascinating about the dollar menu at the fast-food joints is
that for a couple, you can get creative and eat well for next to
nothing. I see a lot of people get a couple of the 99-cent side salads
and one order of the chicken dohickies for the same price. Three bucks
and you have two chicken-salads that are just the right portion size.
While it isn't the best food around, it isn't half bad.

Last night, I made a chicken stir-fry at home. Karen got the
ingredients on sale. The chicken was heavily discounted, so she had
picked up several packages and threw them in the freezer. I'll pick up
turkeys when they come on sale--the last time I bought like four of
them for 25 cents a pound or something stupid like that. I fed three
of us, last night, with near-gourmet quality food for about $4.50
total.

AG