[OM] IMG: California, 1949

Subject: [OM] IMG: California, 1949
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 18:55:21 -0800
More from the "Motherlode," the boxes of Kodachrome slides taken by my Mom between 1949 and the 1980s. In the summer of 1949, my Mom and her friend Sue took a train excursion from NYC to the west coast, going through New Mexico, the Grand Canyon, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Mom did not have a 35mm camera at the time--she took her father's old folding camera with leather bellows. The people on the trip had various cameras, including folders, a TLR and 35mm camera. They all exchanged photos, so I have pictures from many people. I believe the 35mm "Kodachrome Duplicate" slides were taken by a woman named Betty. I believe that these 35mm photos were what inspired my mother to take up 35mm herself when she returned to New York. She bought her Bolsey B2 shortly thereafter.

There are 10 new photos of California in 1949 in this set.  Start here:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/24691520023/in/dateposted-public/>

Be sure to see the last two, which show street scenes of San Francisco and Chinatown.

To pick and choose, here is the first page of my flickr feed:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/>

Enjoy!
--Peter