Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 07:25:51 +0100
I am not saying that there are no poor senior citizens, but ON AVERAGE in most
rich countries they are better off than, say, families with small children.
Many have good retirement plans because they worked at a time when companies
offered defined benefits plans; they tend to own their homes and have paid off
the mortgage; in the US, they (and veterans) are the only group with universal
health insurance from the government. And so on.

Again, I know the above does not cover everyone, that  the situation varies by
country to some degree, and on a personal level I certainly do not begrudge you
whatever discounts you receive (and I am rapidly approaching eligibility for
those myself…). But from an overall economic poiint of view what I say above is
correct.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman