Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 08:35:51 -0800
...decent amount into a retirement fund, one that wasn't decimated by an Enron
or Madoff-level fraud, or if it wasn't decimated by the stock market...

In our case it is health care costs which have decimated any chance to accumulate enough savings.
My wife is at high risk of skin cancer. We were talking "what if?" a while back. I
sometimes think what if my wife and I had taken that 10km trip across the strait when my number was
up in 1970? What we are seeing around here in a small tight-knit community is "heath care by
bake sale". Even with insurance a major illness is financially devastating. Add that to the
personal suffering. It boggles the mind that the US ultra right fails to see the economic and
social cost of failing to provide for the health care of its citizens.

Mike