Re: [OM] Olympus to pay $646M over kickbacks and bribes to doctors, hosp

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus to pay $646M over kickbacks and bribes to doctors, hospitals - The Morning Call
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 08:39:58 -0600
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > When last I had one of these inspections, the doctor was someone whom I
> had known for over 30 years; his “jocularity” wasn’t that “careful” . . .
>
> I'm due for my first "inspection" this year. There is an attractive
> 30-something lady-surgeon here that does most of them. She's known for
> her wicked sense of humor. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
>
> AG
> --
>

> I had my first about a year ago.  My doctor had tried to get me to take
one several years previous due to the fact that my father ultimately died
from colon cancer, but the hospital's insurance said, "Fine.  Go ahead, but
since you're not 50 yet, you can also pay 100% of the cost."  So, I
waited.  First one was clean, but the doc wants another one at 3 years
instead of 5 because of the family history.  Again, the insurance said,
"OK, but you're paying for all of it."

Hopefully now, the University's insurer has a much firmer grasp on
preventative healthcare than the one who insured A FREAKING HOSPITAL.  So,
I'm thinking I get to do it again in the coming year.  I was completely out
for my first, so I have no idea what kind of sense of humour the doc had or
didn't have.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie