Re: [OM] It'sPi Day!--now Day after Pi Day!-- Mandatory list assignments

Subject: Re: [OM] It'sPi Day!--now Day after Pi Day!-- Mandatory list assignments.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:43:51 -0700
On 3/17/2016 3:38 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
The editor in me calls out to modify the quote thusly: "Don't let slavish addiction
to truth ruin a good story." But that's just me. I can't help myself.

But then it would not be a quote, but a paraphrase, unless you got to the copy before it was published. ;-) And therein lurks a slippery slope:

May today be peace within. May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be... May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you... May you be content knowing you are a child of God... Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love. It is there for each and every one of you.
    ― Mother Teresa

"Today may there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."
    -  Paraphrase or restatement of the above, widely "quoted" as being
directly from Mother Teresa.

I would argue that the paraphrase is not an accurate representation of the
original, in several respects.

Bob of the Green Eyeshade.

Editor joke from the file:

On the back, in the grime, with index fingers, someone has written ‘i wish my wife was as dirty as this’ and someone else ‘she is with me’ and someone else ‘were as dirty’.
        Ned Bauman, Glow, pg 32 of 222

What's In A Moose