Re: [OM] OT: Dramatised Ancient Technology

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dramatised Ancient Technology
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 06:57:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I'm really enjoying the indulgence in 19th century technology, and this
episode with Nikolai Tesla was intriguing.  The war between him and Edison was
also encountered in the movie "The Prestige", where David Bowie portrayed
Tesla.  It also starred Hugh Jackman and Michael Caine.

     Edison was a horrible businessman and a bit of a scoundrel.  He would
periodically visit the patent office in Washington and review patent
applications, then patent similar inventions.

     Tesla was also a horrible businessman.  If it hadn't been for George
Westinghouse he would probably have died penniless in the streets.

>I just finished binge watching all 7 seasons of the show on Netflix.  It
>gets a bit weaker at the end of the series as they've run out of period
>inventions to exploit for material but still highly recommended.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson