Re: [OM] The Strand Theatre in Kendallville, Indiana

Subject: Re: [OM] The Strand Theatre in Kendallville, Indiana
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 08:28:37 -0500
Nice to see it still open.  That marquee is totally 1950's.  We also still
have a drive-in in Valpo, The 49'er (because it's on old Highway 49),
that's been through a couple of owners over the years. Current owners have
had it for some time, and continually spend money to improve it and keep it
up.  Most recently they installed a stereo FM transmitter for sound, and
last year installed digital projectors as almost all distributors now have
dropped physical film and gone digital.

It was built by the Shauer family who also owned the Premier Theater
downtown, which was open until the mid-1980's. I saw one of the last movies
there when I was in college. The Premier is long gone, and in its place is
now a city park.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Christopher Crawford <
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Last Friday evening, I photographed the Strand Theatre in the small town of
> Kendallville, Indiana. A lot of small towns in northeast Indiana still have
> small locally-owned movie theaters like the Strand.
>
> http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2334
>
> --
> Chris Crawford
> Fine Art Photography