Re: [OM] E-1 Updating

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 Updating
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:05:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     You will not regret it.  I was having a bit of a problem with the new/used
$15 Compaq wherein it was taking forever to shut down after I had removed a
number of unwanted pieces of software, one being Office 2007.  One of the
remedies I found was to go into "msconfig" to set up a "safe boot", rather than
use "safe mode".  I followed the instructions to preview the fix in case
something was missing.  When I went to close the window I was told that the
computer would need to be restarted, even though I hadn't made any changes.  I
didn't have any choice, so I let it restart.  When I later shut it down it was
faster than when I first used it.  There must have been something in the boot
files that did not get deleted when I uninstalled the unwanted software.  I did
the same with my older WinXP laptop and it now shuts down much faster.

>>      And WinXP comes through again!
>
>This may be the one computer that I preserve in its present state indefinitely.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson