Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/4/2016: old friends in EIndhoven

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/4/2016: old friends in EIndhoven
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 14:42:00 +0100
I agree, Chuck.  I have spent several years near the Maas, based at 2 different
RAF stations (Brüggen and Laarbruch) in Germany, on the Dutch border.  In many
ways the river played a large part in our lives: crossing it to go west to the
UK, walking the banks, watching the (huge) barges plying the channels and
flying over it.  It was a great landmark, telling us when we were near base,
when the weather was bad, or when we had missed base and had to retrace our
steps, as it were :-)

I feel sad that the stations are now closed; living in that part of Germany was
always interesting and affecting.

Chris