Re: [OM] OT: Labour Statistics

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Labour Statistics
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:23:37 -0500
That really isn't all that unreasonable. Here is my work history by age 28:

1. Paper Route
2. Dietary Aide in Nursing Home
3. Musician/Sound - 18 month touring
4. McDonald's Burger Flipper, Trainer, Manager trainee
5. Computer Lab assistant - College
6. Office Manager
7. Camera Store Counter Guy and photography assistant
8. Tech Support, Trainer, Manager for software company
9. Wholesale bicycle sales - account manager
10. Applications Engineer
11. Professional Photographer

Since age 28:
11. Product Manager
12. Computer system installer and trainer
13. Channel Market Director for IXC
14. Computer tech support
15. Circuit Design Engineer
16. Product Manager
17. Transport Planning Engineer II/III (employer change)
18. Transport Planning Senior Engineer (employer change)
19. Transport Planning Senior Engineer (employer change)

I'm sure I'm missing something in there.

When you consider that while I was going to college, I had three
simultaneous part time jobs, the number of jobs does add up.

When I was going to college, majoring in computer stuff, a professor
told us that we would experience a job change at least every five
years for our entire career. While that has been less true as far as
actual employers is concerned, it is very true as far as internal job
changes is concerned.

AG