Re: [OM] Auxillary battery suggestions for fruit company phone

Subject: Re: [OM] Auxillary battery suggestions for fruit company phone
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 16:26:58 -0700
Will be hiking in Switzerland in a couple months with good trail maps but
thought to use Swiss mobility app which has trails as a back-up to avoid
getting balled up. Our other luggage is being lugged by a 3rd party to our next
destination so we had better get where we need to go. Swiss being Swiss, I bet
the trails are well marked.  I vividly recall some misadventures in a gorge  in
Greece and required some bailing out with ropes by the Kalamatta hiking
club--no repeat performances are necessary.

Suspect may lug too much photo gear and not enough lunch as usual but don't
want to rely on just one charge on the phone.  I don't know how much juice the
GPS function consumes with that app,
but want an insurance policy.  I have seen some pocketable battery packs
mentioned here in the past but wanted to check now.

I have a couple. One is this. <http://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Lipstick-Sized-Generation-High-Quality/dp/B005X1Y7I2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1460502936&sr=8-3&keywords=iphone+battery+pack> The other looks like this, but with a different name stenciled on and in a lovely purple color. <http://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Mini-Portable-Charger-3200mAh/dp/B00L9F95RO/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1460503127&sr=8-17&keywords=iphone+battery+pack>

They've both worked the few times I've needed one. Which one has been a matter of which is in a particular bag. I haven't used them often enough to know which may be better in some way.

Auxiliary Powered Moose