Re: [OM] Happy Dance!

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Dance!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:54:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The new/used E-520 body arrived this morning, and I couldn't be happier.
Looks like it was never used, including the settings.  I put in a freshly
charged battery, turned it on, tested the flash, and then went about shutting
off ALL of the automatic features.  It's going to wear the Samyang
28-200/4.0-5.6 most of the time as that has proven to be a good walkabout lens.

     Setting the recording môde is a bit challenging at first.  On the E-500
it's a single menu to choose from, but on the E-520 you have to choose the
compression level and the pixel count from separate menus, and the manual does
not make it easy.

     It came with a battery and a charger, so now I have yet another spare
battery.  But, I don't have any spare protective covers.  Anyone know of a
source for those, or perhaps a page that describes making one from cardboard or
other insulating material?  I suppose I could machine one from a chunk of nylon
stock.

>     Some time ago I set aside the idea of acquiring an E-520 body because
>they were just too expensive on the second-hand market.  This morning I
>happened to take a look at that saved evilBay search and there it was:
>Body, battery, and charger at a $95 Buy It Now or Best Offer listing from
>a mainstream seller.  It had been listed for less than an hour, and I got
>it for $90, which is a lot less expensive than I had seen before.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson