[OM] "New" camera

Subject: [OM] "New" camera
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:21:38 +1200

Hi all,

My wife Maggie once had a Kodak Easy-share camera which
she enjoyed using and which gave quite satisfactory photos for what she
wanted.

Then her at-the-time 7 YO grand-daughter, fiddling, as was her
wont, with things she shouldn't have, became scared when she fired it
up, and not realising that when turned off the camera retracted the lens
and put a cover over it, shoved the lens hard with one finger-tip and
broke the mechanism.

Fast forward 7 years. Maggie still doesn't have a
camera and says she doesn't need one. Nevertheless, she has a birthday
coming up in a month or three and I thought I'd get her another camera.

So, for a huge sum of US$103 I bought an Olympus E-PL1 with the
standard 14-42mm kit lens, for her.

I'm very impressed; it seems a
quite capable and very portable camera. I'm hoping she likes it - at
first looks she is interested, and meantime in off moments, I'm having
fun looking through the menus.

Brian.