[OM] OM; Zuiko manual macro 50/2

Subject: [OM] OM; Zuiko manual macro 50/2
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 23:35:28 +1200

Hi all,

For years I have lusted after a Zuiko manual macro 50/2
lens. I'd never seen one, have seen but very few images made with one,
and of course they have held their (high) value very well.

However,
recently, I found one on evilbay that was described as being much used
and definitely a little on the rough side of the equator. (except that
the glass is fine).

The inevitable happened; despite telling myself
that I don't need it, somehow I managed to beat off all comers for a
reasonable price. And I have it here.

First impressions include; for a
50mm lens, it is HEAVY. It's also quite large and the front element has
quite a large diameter.

The depth of field marks on the barrel
indicate that regardless of the aperture chosen, the depth of field will
be small.

So, I have taken some photos with it; and some with its
digital equivalent. I photographed flowers.

To my annoyance I just
cannot remember the name of these lovely blooms which grow from corms.
Quite likely as soon as I finish typing this I will remember.

AH yes;
Cyclamen !! I'll fix the web-pages shortly.

All photos were taken
hand-held with me lying prostrate on the ground with 3 substantial
cushions under my chest.

Please go to
http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=19878 and scroll right to
the end, to view them all.

With a tripod it should be able to get
results close to the digital equivalent.

C & C welcome.

Brian Swale