Re: [OM] paper/surface for a large pano

Subject: Re: [OM] paper/surface for a large pano
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:34:55 -0400
I no longer have the Bay Roes on my computer, but as I recall, the last print I
had done by them was greens, yellows (as part of the green) and blues. It's in
my UK 2015 gallery--Scottish Woods. There are two of them. The print I had made
was a slightly different angle, and less yellow than is showing on my phone
screen. It was Canson BFK Rives matte. Slightly warm. I like the print very
much. I also had them print an iPhone image, 8x10, same paper. This for a
customer who wanted a print for her husband of one of my Facebook posts. She
was over the moon. I thought it was very well done.

I suggest calling a couple of labs, telling them what you want, and perhaps
springing for a test print or two. You wouldn't have to do the whole pano,
just, say, 8x10 section, and see how it comes out.

It's something of a crapshoot, but talking to humans at the lab can increase
your odds of success. The couple of times I talked to Bay, they were helpful,
and seemed to know their stuff. But I'm getting farther away from that world
now.

--Bob

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any perceived
errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your imagination.