Re: [OM] [OT] Computer question

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Computer question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 11:48:57 -0400
If you decide to play with it I'd suggest you look for the service manual. Compaq is now part of HP and I've always been impressed with the amount of tech data available on HP's site.

I own an HP Pavilion desktop and have several maintenance and support PDF files from HP's site. One is called "Troubleshooting and Maintenance" and the other is the "Upgrading and Servicing Guide". They clearly show the innards and how to remove and replace parts.

To get the correct manuals you'll likely need the specific model number which is probably not displayed on the top but rather on some sticker on the underside of the laptop. Alternatively, you can (on Win 7) click on Start -> Control Panel -> System and read the specific model number there.

Good luck,
Chuck Norcutt