Re: [OM] paper/surface for a large pano

Subject: Re: [OM] paper/surface for a large pano
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:08:22 -0400
Looking at your images without benefit of my super-de-dooper NEC monitor, I'm
inclined toward a lightly textured, slightly warm paper. There appears to me a
slightly ethereal, other-worldly air about the images. The Canson I mentioned
before would be my recommend starting place.

 I have a friend, though, who decries the abundance of paper surfaces, and
limits himself to Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art ( an outstanding, can't-go-wrong
choice), and Epson Velvet Fine Art for matte, and Epson Exhibition Fiber for
black & white. I've used a number of Canson papers and like them, but your
choice of paper is going to be limited by your choice of lab. You're in an area
where Charleston, Savannah, and Atlanta are all in range. Perhaps there is a
quirky independent printer you can stand over the shoulder of while tweaking
your image. Tina might know someone.

To get what you want, I think you're not going to be able to limit yourself to
picking a lab and uploading.

--Bob

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any perceived
errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your imagination.