Re: [OM] paper/surface for a large pano

Subject: Re: [OM] paper/surface for a large pano
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 23:04:52 -0400
Thanks again.  Those are excellent starting points.

Chuck Norcutt

On 4/19/2016 2:08 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
Looking at your images without benefit of my super-de-dooper NEC monitor, I'm
inclined toward a lightly textured, slightly warm paper. There appears to me a
slightly ethereal, other-worldly air about the images. The Canson I mentioned
before would be my recommend starting place.

  I have a friend, though, who decries the abundance of paper surfaces, and limits
himself to Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art ( an outstanding, can't-go-wrong choice), and
Epson Velvet Fine Art for matte, and Epson Exhibition Fiber for black & white.
I've used a number of Canson papers and like them, but your choice of paper is
going to be limited by your choice of lab. You're in an area where Charleston,
Savannah, and Atlanta are all in range. Perhaps there is a quirky independent
printer you can stand over the shoulder of while tweaking your image. Tina might
know someone.

To get what you want, I think you're not going to be able to limit yourself to
picking a lab and uploading.

--Bob

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any perceived
errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your imagination.

On Apr 19, 2016, at 11:54 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>