[OM] Lightroom or Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Lightroom or Photoshop
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 21:48:44 +0000 (UTC)
Hi all,        Simple question, probably complex answer. With the demise of
support for Aperture for Mac I have to make a decision. At present my
Photographic album is a mess and scattered between Aperture, Iphoto, and
Photoshop elements 8. Would you advise me migrating to Photoshop Elements 14
(£57 / $90) or Lightroom 6 at (£106 / $160) for DVD.  With the demise of my
local photo shop :-{> I need to do more work myself prior to printing as well
as sorting out my albums.
It will also enable me to use the now FREE google plugins. I realize that I am
opening a jar of worms here but any ideas will carefully considered. Regards
John Duggan, Wales, UK