Re: [OM] Dropbox ending support for XP

Subject: Re: [OM] Dropbox ending support for XP
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 00:43:51 +0930
On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 06:28:53AM -0700, Chris Trask wrote:

>      Good thing I never bothered to use Dropbox.  They will probably
> regret this action and return to WinXP, just as Avast did.  And if they
> don't, I won't regret it.

AVAST have committed to continued XP support only until early next year.
I'd suggest they are covering the point-of-sale variant users, whose
lifetimes have been extended several times,

Interestingly, AVAST said two years ago:

* ..."AVAST telemetry data shows that XP users are 6 times more likely
to get attacked than Windows 7 users".

* "The AVAST database shows that 23.6% of its 211 million users still run
Windows XP".

I wonder what the figures are now.

davidt