Re: [OM] PANO: More people - BW this time

Subject: Re: [OM] PANO: More people - BW this time
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 13:14:19 -0700
On 4/22/2016 8:51 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
What are you using to stitch? Have you tried Hugin?

Just downloaded and tried it. For a straightforward five shot pano, it gave essentially the same result as PS, although much smaller, which I suppose to be operator error of some sort.

But the work flow was greater. In PS, I can just select the ORFs and PS runs them through ACR, loads, aligns and merges them directly. For Hugin, I had to convert the ORFs, output TIFFs, then load the TIFFs in Hugin. Not hard, but took much more time.

<http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/overview/en.shtml>
<http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/index.shtml>
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/?source=typ_redirect>

It solves things Photoshop can't.

Well, now I have it ready, if such a thing arises. I have not, so far, done the multiple row thing. I go portrait orientation and set the FL to get all the land and sky I want and shoot one row. I suppose that means I can't blow it up to as large a wall, but I don't think that matters. :-)

One Tier Moose