Re: [OM] Why we should take photographs

Subject: Re: [OM] Why we should take photographs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:06:11 -0400
DZDub!!! It's great to know you're still there lurking. Mighty fine photo too. To bad there won't be more like it.

Chuck Norcutt

On 4/24/2016 10:05 PM, DZDub wrote:
This is a location I have frequented many times for photos:

http://jfwilcox.jalbum.net/JWP/#_6161711.jpg

This was taken last summer.  The vantage point is at the crossroads of two
good motorcycle roads, so I often pass to see how the clouds, sky, fields
may vary from the last time I was by and to click the shutters.

I'm not sure I had been by this location since I took that shot, but I
drove by it a couple days ago.  The field just in front of the church had
been apparently sold to a developer and two homes now block a view of all
but the steeple of the church.  I doubt I'll ever photograph this location
again, even to show people then-and-now shots -- it's too bitterly
disappointing to me.  There are doubtless thousands of like examples in all
of your communities.

Memento mori, etc. and keep shooting,
Joel W.