[OM] Sneaky Software [was: involuntary upgrade to Win 10]

Subject: [OM] Sneaky Software [was: involuntary upgrade to Win 10]
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:33:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Speaking of involuntary upgrades and sleights of hand, I updated the
malware and antivirus on the older laptop yesterday, and this morning did a
boot-time scan.  It found four instances of win32:malware-gen, which is a
generic name for a wide range of trojans that specifically go after 32-bit
systems.  It appears that this is something new, and which is evolving.

>Chuck .......... thank you. I was not aware of the February sleight of
>hand. Had I known so I would have altered the default setting for
>Windows updates. I will pay attention to the PCWorld article before
>finally deciding what to do.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson