Re: [OM] 2016 - Few Fotos For Fun

Subject: Re: [OM] 2016 - Few Fotos For Fun
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:12:33 +0200
Are you looking at the alpine version ;-) That one was taken in the very picturesque Betws-Y-Coed by the station, my white electro bike has covered just over 6000Kms (4000 miles and in all weather conditions) now, not much for the keen cyclists on the list but its quite a saving in terms of fuel and although it has not been cheaper than using a car would have been (due to battery needing replacement) and not sure how much greener it really is (again due to the battery manufacture) BUT it has been certainly more fun and less stressful than driving would have been and I am getting exercise.

I am still surprised by the low take up of electro bikes in the UK - the rise here in Switzerland has been rapid and now about half the bikes I see in use are electric models.

IanW