[OM] IMGs: Accident Aftermath

Subject: [OM] IMGs: Accident Aftermath
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:01:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Last week we had a terrific single car accident in the wee hours of the
morning. A car moving at high speed in a residential area with a drunk at the
wheel lost control, careening across a front lawn and driveway. It impacted a
wall and was ripped in two, scattering the contents everywhere and severely
injuring the passenger. The news reporter said that the wall was "reinforced",
but did not give any details.  The skid marks from the full braking were over a
hundred feet in length:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/26651193116/in/dateposted-public/

     I went by the next day to see what was meant by the wall being
"reinforced", and it didn't take long to see that it was an understatement.
The owner had experienced a number of incidents where people had left the
roadway, crashing into his wall, etc.  So, he panted a number of sections of
150-pount railroad rail just behind the wall.  It was one of these that had
torn the car in half:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/26677874595/in/dateposted-public/

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson