Re: [OM] Where we were - and PanaLeica 100-400 images

Subject: Re: [OM] Where we were - and PanaLeica 100-400 images
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:24:14 +0000 (UTC)
The opening thumbnail page is impressive enough.  4280 (bird) is my favorite.
I do agree with Carol tho.............

----- Original Message -----From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera
Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 05:32:45 -0000
(UTC)Subject: [OM] Where we were - and PanaLeica 100-400 images

I'd like to be more organized, and have more images processed, but shooting
season has happened and they are coming in faster than I can handle to my
criteria.

So here's a set of images from Carrizo Plain National Monument* at the
beginning of the month.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Carrizo_Plain>

A fairly wide range of subjects. FLs from 400 mm (800 eq.) to very wide
panoramas. Quite a few with the 100-400. I quite like the way heat movement of
the air over long distances makes images look rather like Impressionist
painting. Carol doesn't. If you don't, skip those. :-) A few where I haven't
made up my mine which version I like better.

I'll be adding more, perhaps even a couple with people in them. :-)

Comments appreciated.

I find it amusing and enjoy it that Nathan and I post sets of images from such
diametrically opposed places. His are full of pavements and buildings. The one
here with pavement is only 'cause that's where the tumbleweed happened to cross
the road. The vast majority of roads there (some only loosely deserving of that
name) are dirt. The only man made structures in mine are old and falling apart.

Travelin' Moose

* If you want to know where that is, click on the green "Map " link below of
any image.

-- What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what it's all about?--