Re: [OM] Like-a the Leica?

Subject: Re: [OM] Like-a the Leica?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:41:22 -0400
Ignoring High Res mode, is there something I don't understand about DxOMark's "Sharpness" scores here? <http://www.dxomark.com/lenses/brand-olympus/mounted_on-Olympus_OM-D_E-M1-909/launched-between-1987-and-2016/mount_type-Micro_4_3/sensor_brand-Olympus#hideAdvancedOptions=false&viewMode=list&yDataType=global>

As I understand it their sharpness score is the number of MP resolved by a given lens/aperture on this sensor. The highest score for any lens is the 75/1.8 no doubt due largely to the f/1.8 aperture. The more common lenses with widest apertures running from f/3.5 to f/6.7 only manage to resolve 4-8MP. At such small apertures the Airy disks on these lenses well exceed the pixel pitch.

Chuck Norcutt