Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2016: back to one of my favourite art places

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2016: back to one of my favourite art places in the world
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:42:02 -0700
On 4/29/2016 2:50 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
When I am in Copenhagen, . . .
So, yesterday afternoon, after Beata got home from work, we took the northern
coastal train to Humlebæk. The air was extremely clear, but with heavy grey
clouds threatening rain (which never came):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-dGbhtwK/A

Nature trumps human art, in this group. Wonderful. I can see this one on my
wall.

. . .

This is the colourful walkway visible on the previous image, now seen from the
inside. The statue at the far end is by Giacometti:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cvQ8fbj/A

Nicely framed and captured.

That walkway leads to what is probably my favourite room in the permanent
collection at Louisiana. There are a couple of Giacometti sculptures, a large
print by Jeff Wall, and a gorgeous view of the outside:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cjSKDNT/A

The Giacometti is nice enough, and fits the room well, but it's the room I
really like. :-)

Thus spiritually enriched, we had a beer in the café and took the train back to
Copenhagen. All museums should be open late!

Absolutely! As should botanic gardens. It drives me crazy that from mid spring through mid fall, they chase one out just as the light gets interesting, and even before that, in summer.

It's The Light Moose