Re: [OM] IMG: my 300 km bicycle ride yesterday

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: my 300 km bicycle ride yesterday
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 03:49:34 +1200

Nathan wrote,

I have this years dipped my toes in a flavour of
cycling called randonneering, from the French ?randonn?e?. It is a form
of long distance cycling, with events of 200 km, 300 km, 400 km, 600 km,
and, once every 4 years, the crown jewel of the sport, Paris-Brest-Paris
at 1200 km. The sport originated in France, and all rules are set by
Audax Club Parisien, for all such events worldwide. The events are
called ?brevet?.

Congratulations. Well done. I can only admire from a
great distance.

Not only is it at least 60 years since I rode a
push-bike, so I doubt that I could even ride one, but my level of
fitness is away below yours.

Cheers, Brian