Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 13:17:01 -0400
There has to be an E-M1 II to at least add the 40MP feature of the E-M5 II. I just hope they don't increase the sensor pixel count. Even the top lenses don't resolve what's already there.

The reasons I preferred the E-M1 to the E-M5 (unlike Moose) was the built-in grip, (at that time) higher resolution of the EVF, and a much better layout of all the controls. I had an aftermarket grip on the E-M5 which was OK except that it prevented removal of the SD card unless you removed the grip. I usually prefer to keep the focus button off the shutter button. The E-M1 has its AEL/AFL button positioned like my Canon 5D's similar control (positioned for thumb operation) and both cameras may be setup to use that as the focus button. You can move it on the E-M5 as well but there's really no good place to put it for thumb operation.

I'm sure there's a new E-M1 coming and I want another one so I can go back to having two cameras. But the controls had better be nearly identical if Oly wants to sell me one.

Chuck Norcutt