Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 20:01:20 -0500
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/9/2016 4:16 PM, DZDub wrote:
>
>> OM-5DmkII = Canon 5D Mark II.  I passed up a E-M1 buy-it-now of <$600,
>> mainly because I just found a Canon body with battery grip within my
>> Threshold of the Irresistible.
>>

> Ah, I misunderstood. I carried the original 5D around for five years. Not
> my size now. And I assume LV is still some clunky dance of mirror and
> shutter, as it was in my 60D. Nope, ILC LV for me.
>
> And, of course, I can't hand hold an 800 mm FF lens. :-)

I have CF tripod legs but still prefer my extra-large Manfrotto and battery
grips.  I mean, what's the difference if you're wedded to a Canon body?
Tripod mount on a large lens is my humble notion of convenience.  LV of any
ilk is convenient enough for me.  I don't really miss that on a 5D.  I was
just thinking that it might be time to trade up for some more pretzels.

Diminutive proportions were never the selling point for me about Oly.  I
tried the E-4xx series for the size advantage, but even the E-410 with kit
lenses was hard to carry on a motorcycle trip I took five years ago.  I was
also hauling tent, camping gear, and clothes to last a week.

The Zuiko lenses I use the most -- 90/2 and 35-80 -- are really too big for
OM bodies.  They match up well with a Canon or an OM with a motor.

I'm interested in an E-M1 mainly because there won't be an E-7.  Must have
a grip, of course.  But that's just me.

Neither here nor there -- my son is a film major and the camera of choice?
60D.  I set him up with a Zuiko 50/1.4 and adapter and he loves that
combination.  Filming is all LV, of course.

Joel W.