Re: Off list - Re: [OM] C-U Lens follies

Subject: Re: Off list - Re: [OM] C-U Lens follies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 20:30:42 -0700
On 5/10/2016 4:43 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Yes, too long between visits.  I wish we had another Spring  trip to CA.  That was an especially fun trip.  I am still processing some of the images from you visit last Fall so I get to  relive some of our jaunts.
 Marnie is working on some trips later this summer--don't know if that will materialize but might be on the other coast.  My cousin David  lives near Seattle

It's a short, easy hop form there to here. ;-) We did it again last year.

and he is supposed to take us on  a hike in the Cascades.  I  really want to find where that dog Gus hangs out with those tremendous vistas.

Mike has identified peaks and at least one trail in some of his posts of the N. Cascades. I recall looking up at least one on GMaps. Or you could just ask him. :-)

We are somehow very busy for the rest of this month, and then really don't know where we are going. I think we may lean north, just for less heat. SoCal and the deserts of the SW are already too hot. We may end up in Seattle, where Carol's nephew and lovely new wife live, and we have an offer of a guest house to stay in, or even further north, as we have friends we could visit on Cortez Island, in the inland passage. It's a long ways, but absolutely gorgeous in summer, with our kind of summer temps. Cortez is a place where one could easily forget what week it is. :-)

My cousin is the only one I know who has hiked the Annapurna trail (in winter) and just got a lead article in Science.

(Not bragging by proxy, just like the cover--"sequencing going ape")

Past the title, it makes my head hurt.

I am forwarding this to the CVO (Marnie) to see what can be done. You and Carol are always welcome of course--

Life is uncertain, but it's highly likely we'll be back in NE in the fall.

Moose